Applying For a School in the UK

Applying for a school in the UK

When you and your Thai wife return to the UK with a child on a UK Spouse Visa along with a UK Dependent Visas, you will be keen to get your children enrolled in a school. You will want this to be a school close to your home and one that provides an excellent level of education. Some of these schools will have waiting lists along with catchment areas, so you need to be well prepared and apply well in advance.


How to apply for a school in the UK

  • The visa application should be made to the local authority applicable to where you will be living. For example, Derbyshire County Council
  • This can be done online or via post
  • Please take note of the “admission arrangements” on your local authority website as there may be some restrictions or particular criteria
  • If you are unsure, we would recommend calling the authority
  • Always print a copy of the receipt or save it as proof that you have submitted it


What happens if I apply late or mid-term?


If you and your Thai wife return to the UK during term time or after the application date has passed, you can still apply although this will reduce your chances of getting your first choice. We strongly recommend applying while you are still in Thailand if you know where you are going to live and your order of preference.


How can Thai Visa Express help?


Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.

Contact US