Can I Marry My Thai Girlfriend in England? You can marry your Thai girlfriend or same-sex partner, but you must apply for a visa to enter the UK with the intention to marry.
It is one of the hardest UK visas to obtain, so it is vital to use a company such as Thai Visa Express who are familiar with the latest immigration rules.
What are the Criteria?
- If you are acting as a sponsor for your Thai fiancée, you will need to meet the financial requirements
- Prove that you have a genuine intention to marry, for example, proof of a venue
- You must marry within six months of entering the UK
- You must have met in person
The UK Fiancée Visa is valid for six months.
If You Intend to Remain in the UK
Your Thai girlfriend will initially arrive in the UK on a UK Fiancée Visa. After you marry, she can apply for a UK Spouse Visa. It means that:
- She will be granted an initial 30-month visa which can later be extended by a further 30 months
- An additional visa fee is payable
- The NHS Surcharge is payable
- She must pass the A1 (IELTS) English Test
- She must be free from Tuberculosis (TB)
- She will be entitled to work in the UK legally
- Any dependents can also apply at this point
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.