In the UK you cannot get married on a general visitors visa unless you get home office approval to marry, how do I get approval to marry?
- You give the notice to marry at your local registry office
- This can take up to 70 days to approve, and the home office may ask questions about you and the relationship.
- They can decline your application – which means you will not be able to get married on the current visa.
How do we qualify to get married in the UK?
- you must both be 16 or over
- not married or already in a civil partnership
- not related
Can I marry my Thai girlfriend on a UK visitor’s visa – are there any other options?
- a marriage visitor visa – if you’re not going to live in the UK and will stay less than 6 months
- a family visa – if you want to live permanently in the UK and your partner is a British citizen, settled in the UK, and meets the financial requirements of the immigration rules.
Can we form a civil partnership in the UK on a general visitors visa?
Yes, the rules remain exactly the same for same-sex partners – same-sex couples can enter into a civil partnership.
So can I marry my Thai girlfriend on a UK visitor’s visa?
Yes, as long as you get home office approval to marry in the UK on a general visitors visa.
How can we help with the application?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We are regulated by the OISC to give UK immigration advice & assistance, and we specialize in UK visas for Thai nationals. Whether you are applying for a holiday visa for you’re Thai girlfriend, or perhaps looking to bring your Thai partner or wife to your home country on a permanent basis, we can ensure you have a worry-free and cost-effective application if you engage us to process your application. Contact us today we process visa applications for Thai nationals wishing to marry in the UK on a general visitors visa