Can My Thai Wife’s Brother Come and Visit Us in the UK?

Can My Thai Wife’s Brother Come and Visit Us in the UK?

Yes, it is possible for your Thai wife’s brother to visit you in the UK, but he would need to apply for a UK family visa like any other applicant. Since he will be staying with you during his visit, providing proof of accommodation should be straightforward. However, it’s crucial for him to convincingly demonstrate to UK visas & immigration that he has compelling reasons to return to Thailand, especially if he doesn’t have immediate family ties there.

This can include evidence of stable employment, financial resources, and social ties in Thailand. By applying for a family visitor visa, your Thai wife’s brother can provide additional evidence of his relationship with your family, which may strengthen his application. This visa category also allows for longer stays compared to a standard tourist visa, making it more suitable for his intended month-long visit.

The requirements for a UK tourist visa typically include:


1. Proof of intention to leave the UK at the end of the visit, such as a return flight booking or evidence of ongoing commitments in Thailand.
2. Ability to financially support oneself during the stay in the UK, demonstrated through bank statements or sponsorship letters.
3. Means to pay for the return journey to Thailand or onward travel, often evidenced by sufficient funds in a bank account.
4. Evidence of suitable accommodation during the visit, which could include a letter of invitation from you confirming his stay at your home, hotel bookings, or rental agreements.


Additionally, he may need to provide other supporting documents, such as a valid passport, previous travel history, employment details, and ties to Thailand, to demonstrate his intention to comply with the visa conditions and return home after the visit.


Thai Visa Express can assist with the UK Tourist Visa application process by providing professional immigration consultancy services. With over 15 years of experience in dealing with UK visas and immigration matters, we ensure that your application is handled efficiently and effectively. Our team of experts is regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK, providing you with peace of mind and assurance of quality service.


We offer a free 30-minute consultation with one of our designated caseworkers, who can assess your situation and provide guidance on the visa application process. Whether you need assistance with gathering the required documents, filling out the application form, or understanding the visa requirements, we are here to help.Contact Thai Visa Express today to start your UK tourist visa application process and ensure a smooth and successful outcome.









Required Documents



Contact US