Child Migration Visa

Australian Child migration visa application can be applied for at the Australian embassy in Bangkok Thailand. The Australian government recognises the importance of keeping families together the Australian child visa also known as a child migration visa to Australia is designed for children to join parents in Australia. There are a variety of visa categories and classes available to family members of Australian citizens and permanent residents.


The Australian Family migration stream aims to reunite immediate and extended family members with their eligible Australian relatives. Applicants wishing to migrate under the Family migration scheme must be sponsored by a close family relative who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen and at least 18 years of age. In this section, we will specifically deal with Australian Child Settlement visas. However, if you require assistance with other forms of family migration such as a visa for a Thai Wife or Thai Fiancé to live in Australia then please refer to our Australia prospective marriage page or our Australian Partner visa page for further information and guidance.If the child is outside Australia it may well qualify for the following types of Australian child migration visa.


Child Migration  Visa Permanent Subclass 101 


For a child migration visa from overseas who is the child or stepchild of an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. A Child visa (subclass 101) lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age. An eligible parent is:

  • an Australian citizen
  • the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen.


The child must be outside Australia when the application is lodged and when the child migration visa is granted. Dependent child visa (subclass 445) application & guidance For children whose parent holds a temporary partner visa and is in the process of obtaining a permanent partner visa. This temporary visa allows a child to travel to and from or stay in Australia until their parent’s permanent Partner visa is finalized it is required if the child is to be added to a permanent Partner visa application after a temporary Partner visa has been granted to their parent. A child might be able to get this visa if:


  • their parent holds a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309 or 820) or a Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
  • they are sponsored by the same person who sponsored their parent
  • they are single
  • they are younger than 18 years of age, or one of the following:
  • financially dependent on their parent holding the temporary Partner visa, or
  • incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions.


Dependent Child Migration Visa (subclass 445 )


A Dependent Child migration visa (subclass 445) is a temporary visa for the child of a parent who holds a temporary Partner visa that does not already include the child. If this visa is granted, the child also needs to make a permanent Partner visa application before the parent’s permanent Partner visa is decided. The child can be in or outside Australia when they apply for this visa. If the child’s siblings are also applying for this visa, they must lodge separate applications


Orphan Relative (Permanent)Subclass 117


For children from overseas whose parents are deceased, permanently incapacitated, or whose whereabouts are unknown and who have an eligible sponsor. Adoption (Permanent) Subclass 102 For children from overseas who have been or about to be adopted by an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen. Important: If the child was adopted before the parent became an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen, they should instead apply for a Child visa (subclass 101)


The service from Thai Visa Express including mentioning the tests and sole custody…….. Useful links about obtaining an Australian child visa can be found here; Child Migration –  Child Visa Migration Immigration & advice rights center Australia –  Immigration Rights Contact us today about Australian visa applications in Thailand or take a look at our other pages :



We realize meeting the child migration visa requirements can be difficult we have the expertise & local knowledge being based as migration agents in Thailand for many years Contact Us today for further information about this visa subclass. If anyone can Thai Visa Express can ……………..

Contact US