Child’s Passport – Renewals & First Time Applications
At Thai Visa Express we can take all the stress out of applying for a British Child’s Passport as we offer a Child’s First Passport Application Service from Thailand. We can provide these services to clients no matter the location of either the child or parents in Thailand. We can assist you with applying for British passports from overseas and our service fee is only 10,000 THB to use this service. The service fee we charge includes all costs, the cost of the passport and our service fee, there are no extra hidden charges.
Included in our service fee cost is the following:
- Passport is included for 10,000 THB
- Application form assistance
- Checking the entire application for completeness and accuracy
- Submission of the application in Bangkok and collection of the passport when complete
- Passport sent by post to your home address if you live outside of Pattaya
- No hidden costs our fees cover everything
To offer a passport service at the fee we charge and include the service we provide, we believe that this, therefore, makes us the most cost-effective provider of this service in Thailand.
(No Hidden Costs Guaranteed).
What age is a child’s passport up to?
A child is eligible for a UK child passport if they are under 16 at the date of the application. If the child is nearly or over 16 years old your child must apply for a 10-year adult passport and can apply without getting parental consent first.
How to Apply For a first time British Passport – Overseas UK Passport Application in Thailand
- Download the OS passport from – Passport application form
- Include 2 identical photos of the child these should be 45 mm high x 35 mm wide
- Child’s original birth certificate ( with a translation)
- Fathers long UK birth certificate – not the short version
- Marriage certificate if the child’s parents are married
- Mothers birth certificate ( with a translation)
- Copy of mothers ID card
- Copy of mothers passport
- Tabian Baan – house blue book confirmation from the child’s mother in writing – that she agrees to the application.
- Confirmation of address in Thailand – utility bill – House blue book
- General guidance notes – General guidance about UK passports
- Applying for a passport from outside the UK – Supporting documents farmbrazil.com.br
- You will also need a countersignature – Countersigning British passport applications from overseas
We can submit colour copies of all the relevant documentation that are acceptable
The UK passport office can ask for further documents from the child’s parent who is passing on nationality. In some cases they may ask for his/her mother & fathers birth certificate, the above is guidance only.
Further Guidance & Information. Get the forms, prices and application details you need if you’re applying for a first-time child’s passport from overseas.
UK Passport and Visa Photo Requirements
Your photos must:
- measure 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide (the standard size used in photo booths in the UK)
- not be a cut down version of a larger picture
If you use a photo booth outside the UK, check it can give you photos that measure 45 mm high by 35mm wide
The quality of your photographs
Your photos must be:
- taken within the last month
- in colour on plain white photographic paper with no border
- taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- clear and in focus
- without any creases or tears
- unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)
- unaltered by computer software
Further guidance can be found here.
How long will it take?
Your application should take 6 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.
You may have to attend an interview and applications will take longer if:
- HM Passport Office need to ask you for more information or documents
- the photographs you send are rejected
Don’t book any travel until you have a valid passport. If you need to travel more urgently, you may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document.
Cost Of the Child’s Passport – Courier fees?
First-time child’s passport applications – £53.00 | Courier fee £23.01.| We charge a fully inclusive fee of 10,000 THB (includes all disbursements )
The courier fee pays for your passport to be sent securely to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied for you to collect. You’ll have to pay a fee for your passport and a courier fee of £23.01.
Overseas Passport Applications – Service Provider
You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring a photo ID with you. We can submit & collect the passport on your behalf no need to travel to Bangkok, we charge 10,000 THB service fee (includes the passport)
Contact us – Office 038420313 Thai & for assistance in English call 080-102-2328.
Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.
You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment. ( we book & submit on your behalf).
Where to submit a Child’s passport application?
The Trendy Office Building,
UK -Passport Office Helpline – Overseas
Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9 am to 5:30 pm (UK time)
For further information & guidance contact us today.