Child’s Passport – Renewals & First-Time Applications
At Thai Visa Express, we can take all the stress out of applying for a British child’s passport as we offer a Child’s First Passport Application Service from Thailand. We can provide these services to clients no matter the location of the child or parents in Thailand. We can assist you with applying for British passports from overseas, and our service fee is only 12,000 THB to use this service. The service fee we charge includes all costs, including the cost of the passport and our service fee; there are no extra hidden charges.
Included in our service fee are the following:
- A passport is included for 12,000 THB
- Application form assistance
- Checking the entire application for completeness and accuracy
- Submission of the application in Bangkok and collection of the passport when completed
- A passport sent by post to your home address if you live outside of Pattaya
- No hidden costs our fees cover everything
To offer a passport service at the fee we charge and include the service we provide, we believe that this, therefore, makes us the most cost-effective provider of this service in Thailand.
(No hidden costs are guaranteed.)
What age is a child’s passport up to?
A child is eligible for a UK child passport if they are under 16 at the date of the application. If the child is nearly or over 16 years old, your child must apply for a 10-year adult passport and can apply without getting parental consent first.
How to Apply For a First-Time British Passport: Overseas UK Passport Application in Thailand
- Download the OS passport from the passport application form
- Include two identical photos of the child; these should be 45 mm high x 35 mm wide
- The child’s original birth certificate ( with a translation)
- Father long UK birth certificate, not the short version
- Marriage certificate if the child’s parents are married
- Mother’s birth certificate ( with a translation)
- Copy of mother’s ID card
- Copy of mother’s passport
- Tabian Baan – house blue book confirmation from the child’s mother in writing that she agreed to the application.
- Confirmation of address in Thailand; utility bill; house blue book
- General guidance notes: – General guidance about UK passports
- Applying for a passport from outside the UK: – Supporting documents farmbrazil.com.br
- You will also need a countersignature – Countersigning British passport applications from overseas
We can submit colour copies of all the relevant documentation that are acceptable
The UK passport office can ask for further documents from the child’s parent who is passing on nationality. In some cases they may ask for his or her mother’s or father’s birth certificate; the above is only guidance.
Further Guidance & Information. Get the forms, prices, and application details you need if you’re applying for a first-time child’s passport from overseas. UK Passport and Visa Photo Requirements :
Your photos must:
- measure 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide (the standard size used in photo booths in the UK)
- not be a cut-down version of a larger picture
If you use a photo booth outside the UK, check if it can give you photos that measure 45 mm high by 35mm wide – the quality of your photographs must be:
- taken within the last month
- in colour on plain white photographic paper with no border
- taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- clear and in focus
- without any creases or tears
- unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)
- unaltered by computer software
Further guidance can be found here.
Your application should take 6 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK. You may have to attend an interview and applications will take longer if:
- HM Passport Office need to ask you for more information or documents
- The photographs you send are rejected
Don’t book any travel until you have a valid passport. If you need to travel more urgently, you may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document.
Cost of the Child’s Passport: including courier fees?
First-time child’s passport applications: £71.50; cost with the courier fee: £94.51. We charge a fully inclusive fee of 12,000 THB (including all disbursements )
The courier fee pays for your passport to be sent securely to the UK Visa Application Centre, where you applied for it to be collected. You’ll have to pay a fee for your passport and a courier fee of £23.01.
Overseas Passport Applications: Service Provider
You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring a photo ID with you. We can submit and collect the passport on your behalf with no need to travel to Bangkok; we charge a 12,000 THB service fee (including the passport)
Contact us: Office 038420313 in Thai; for assistance in English, call 080-102-2328.
Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.
You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and three alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment. (We book and submit on your behalf.).
Where do I submit a child’s passport application?
The Trendy Office Building,
UK -Passport Office Helpline: Overseas
Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9 am to 5:30 pm (UK time)
For further information and guidance, contact us today.