How Can I Employ My Thai Wife in My Business?

Thai Working in England

It is quite common for a British man to employ his Thai wife in his own company. There are a couple of ways that this can be done legally, the first is with a Tier 2 Working Visa, but the most common way is when the Thai wife is already in the UK on a UK Spouse Visa. The legalities of these two different scenarios are very different, but for the purposes of this article, we will focus on the UK Spouse Visa route.


What is a UK Spouse Visa?


If you are legally married to your Thai wife, and you wish for her to come and live (and in this case work) in the UK, then you could apply for a UK Spouse Visa. The visa will allow your wife to work in the UK legally. She would need to pay tax and National Insurance like any other working person, but she would be entitled to the same workers’ rights.


How do you qualify for a UK Spouse Visa?


She must earn a minimum of £18,600p.a. unless you assist as a sponsor to effectively increase her salary

  • You both must be 18 years of age or older
  • You must be legally married
  • You must plan to live together permanently
  • Your Thai wife must have passed the A1 (IELTS) English Test


How can Thai Visa Express Help?


Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.

Contact US