How to Get Your Thai Girlfriend to Visit You in the UK?

Visiting the UK

It is common for many Thai and farang couples to live in different countries. You may go to Thailand several times a year to see your Thai partner and thoroughly enjoy it, catching up with friends in the process. We all love coming to Thailand, but sometimes we would also like our Thai girlfriend to go to the UK and see a different way of life. It is likely to strengthen your relationship and give her a better understanding of why you do the things that you do.


The UK Tourist Visa


If you want your Thai girlfriend to come and visit you in the UK, then she would need to apply for a UK Tourist Visa. It is crucial to understand the UKVI are interested in your Thai girlfriend’s and not your circumstances when she applies. She will need to prove:

  • That she will leave the UK on or before her visa’s expiry date
  • That she will able to support herself in the UK
  • That she has means to pay for her return to Thailand or onward journey
  • Has somewhere suitable to stay during her visit

Required Documents


She will also need to have:

  • A valid passport with at least 12 months remaining and two available pages
  • Previous immigration if any
  • Evidence of where she will be staying in the UK
  • If another person is paying for the proposed visit then they need to add a letter of sponsorship. If they are paying for the visit they must provide evidence that they have the means to support you for the duration of the visit.
  • Details of any assets that she may own such as property
  • Details of her income from employment or non – employment
  • Evidence of family that will remain in Thailand whilst she visits the UK


How can Thai Visa Express Help?


Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.

Contact US