I Want To Take My Thai Girlfriend To England, What Do I Need To Do?

I Want To Take My Thai Girlfriend To England

Many people who live in Thailand or are indeed frequent visitors will have a Thai girlfriend. As your relationship progresses there is a good chance that you will want to take your Thai girlfriend back to the UK to visit your friends and family. If this is your plan, your Thai girlfriend will need to apply for a UK  general visitors visa which will allow her to remain in the country for a maximum of 6 months in any 12 month period.


Of course, there are certain requirements with the UK Tourist Visa and indeed any other UK Visa such as the UK Spouse Visa. For the UK Tourist Visa, your Thai girlfriend must be over 18 years old and be able to financially support herself whilst in the UK although this can be with your assistance. As the UK Tourist Visa is intended to be used for relatively short stays in the UK, your Thai girlfriend must have means to leave the country when or before the visa expires. The visa application generally takes around 4 weeks to process and can be made no more than 3 months prior to travel.



How Long Does The Visa Last?


As we mentioned, your Thai girlfriend will only be able to stay in the UK for 6 out of the 12 months in the year although the visa is usually granted for one year. In some circumstances, a tourist visa can be granted for up to 10 years although the same restrictions apply with regards to how long she can stay in the UK in any 12 month period.



Can My Thai Girlfriend Work In The UK?


Your Thai girlfriend will not be allowed to engage in any paid or unpaid work in the UK. She will also have no recourse to public funds or be able to stay for longer than the stated time. Any breaches will severely hamper her chances of being able to apply for another UK Visa in the future and may lead to her expulsion from the UK.



What I If I Want To Marry My Thai Girlfriend Whilst In The UK?


You would generally be allowed to marry your Thai girlfriend whilst you are in the UK whilst she is entering the country on a general visitor’s visaVisa. In order to do this,  you would need to give notice of the intention to marry, they will inform the home office.



We Can Help!


Here at Thai Visa Express, we are the only OISC regulated immigration company in Thailand. We deal with the British Embassy in Bangkok on a daily basis and know all the latest requirements. This means that your application has the greatest chance of being accepted. If you would like us to assist with your visa application, contact us today



Contact US