My Thai Fiancée Wants To Help Me Choose a Venue for Our Marriage

Choosing a Wedding venue in the UK

I have been with my Thai lady for three years, and I live in the UK, and she lives in Thailand. We are planning to get married next year, but my Thai fiancée would like to choose a venue for our marriage with me. I think that this would be great as we would both be delighted. Is this something that we can do when she enters the UK on a UK Fiancée Visa?


The UK Fiancée Visa


Although it is not always the case, it is highly likely that the British Embassy in Bangkok will request proof of a venue having been already booked as proof that you genuinely intend to get married. The requirements for the UK Fiancée Visa are:

  • You both must be 18 years of age or older
  • You must be in a genuine relationship
  • You must demonstrate that you intend to marry
  • You must marry within six months of entering the UK


What are the options?


As you are both keen to make a joint decision regarding the venue for your wedding, the best solution would be for your Thai fiancée to visit the UK on UK Tourist Visa first. It would allow you to look for and book a venue together. It will not only make you both happy, but it will be looked upon favorably when your Thai fiancée is submitting her application for the UK Fiancée Visa.


How can Thai Visa Express Help?


Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.








Contact US