Marriage Visa Australia From Thailand
Prospective marriage [fiancé(e)] you visa must be engaged to marry their sponsor. The marriage must take place after the applicant’s first entry to Australia and before the expiration of the 9 month fiancee visa. The sponsor must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. Read further information below about the prospective marriage visa requirements in Thailand.
Australian Prospective Marriage Visa Application
The visa is valid for nine months from the time it is granted, and allows the visa holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until the expiry of the nine months. The applicant must marry the sponsor within that time. The law requires that the applicant and sponsor have met and are known to each other personally for the visa to be granted. After marriage you should apply for the onshore Partner visas (subclass 820 and 801). Subclass 820 is a two year provisional visa allowing you to remain in Australia with your partner. At the end of the two years the relationship will be assessed and if the Department of Immigration is satisfied that your relationship is ongoing and genuine, a permanent visa should be granted.
Australian Prospective Marriage Visa Requirements
The applicant, on the other hand, needs to meet the following qualifications:
- he/she must be at 18 years old
- he/she must be free to marry in Australia
- has a good background and no criminal record which may effect the visa application
- Be in good health must meet the Australian Health requirements
- should have known the sponsor personally and met you in person
Australian Prospective Marriage Visa For Thai National
Once granted the visa, your Thai fiancée can enjoy the following privileges:
- He/She can enter Australia even before he/she marries you.
- He/She can go in and out of Australia within the allowed 9-months period of her stay.
- He/She can work in Australia with this visa.
- He/She can apply for a spouse visa after your marriage.
- He/She can study though will not be entitled to government funding.
- He/She can avail Australia’s medical expenses and hospital care assistance scheme
Australian Prospective Marriage Visa Further Requirements
- It’s necessary to show proof of genuine and on-going relationship and to show the sincere you are both in a genuine relationship a indegenerique.com. You are therefore advised to keep every piece of evidence you have to establish your relationship.
- These can be in the forms of photos together, email or correspondence exchanges, money transfer receipts, air tickets and photographs evidence of financial support etc.
- As the sponsor, you should be able to show proof of your financial capability to support your fiancée once she arrives in Australia. If you are incapable, you can have an Australian resident to act as the sponsor of your Thai fiancée.
- Your Thai fiancée has to lodge the appropriate application forms, together with all necessary supporting documentation and application charges, in person at the VFS Bangkok who in turn will submit it to Australian embassy for the processing and evaluation. The evaluation process can take up to 10 months to complete.
Contact US today for further information about prospective marriage visa applications in Thailand. We also process other types of visa such as Australian partner visa & Australian Tourist Visa applications call 0801022328 for further information & advice.