Should I Get a UK Tourist Visa or UK Spouse Visa for My Wife’s Visit to the UK?

Thai wife visit the UK

If your wife is planning to visit the UK for a short holiday, rather than live in the UK, she should apply for a UK Tourist Visa. If she is planning to stay in the UK permanently and live with you, then she should apply for a UK Spouse Visa. Assuming that she is applying for a UK Tourist Visa, the application should be reasonably straightforward so long as it is completed correctly, which is something that we can, of course, help you with.


What documents are required?


Your Thai wife will need to supply the following documents as part of her application:

  • Have a valid passport with at least 12 months remaining and two available pages
  • Proof that she has sufficient financial means to support herself while in the UK
  • If you are sponsoring your wife’s visit, she will need to provide the necessary financial information and prove your relationship
  • Evidence of travel dates
  • Details of where she will be staying


What won’t she be able to do in the UK?


  • She will not be allowed to partake in any work either paid or otherwise
  • She will have no recourse to public funds
  • She will NOT be entitled to free NHS healthcare
  • She will not be permitted to stay longer than six months


How can Thai Visa Express Help?


Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.

Contact US