Thailand passport & how to apply for a passport in Thailand, the process is fairly simple to follow our 3 step guidance.
- Valid Thai citizens ID card, this should have a 12 -digit id number. You must also bring the house blue book plus other official documents.
- Take a queue number at the local Thai passport office, fill in the applicant’s name, date of birth, place of birth
- A passport officer measures the applicant’s height, captures the applicant’s biometric data information, this includes taking the applicant’s photograph and fingerprints.
- They will verify to certify the applicant’s information is correct.
- Apply for EMS postage service
- Pay the Thai passport fee.
- get a receipt in some cases the applicant can use Ems to deliver the new passport.
- Processing times for Thai passports is 3 – 10 days only
What About Lost & Stolen Thai Passports – What The Process?
Lost your Thailand passport, you must get a police report before you apply for a new travel document.
Thailand Passport Offices – Locations Across Thailand
Map & guidance to the various locations, where to submit my passport application in Thailand – Thai passport Office
Pattaya’s first passport office opens – Thai passport office location in Pattaya
How Much Does It Cost – Thailand Passport fees (2017)
- e-Passport application fee : 1,000 Baht
postage service (EMS ) fee : 35 Baht
Did You Realize This – We Have 4 Different Types Of Thai Passport?
Standard Thai passport
This is for Thai citizens & the most common passport valid for 5 years.
Dark blue passport
This is for official government use only.
- Close relatives of the king
- The royal family
- Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, and Ministers.
- House Speaker and Deputy House Speaker, Top Administrator and President of the Senate.
- President of the Supreme Court, Vice-President of the Supreme Court, and President of the Court of Appeal
- President of the Constitutional Court and President of Administrative Court
- Ex-Prime Minister and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Supreme Commander and Army Commander
- A diplomat who has a diplomatic mission aboard
- A diplomat who works in a foreign country, his/her spouse and child/children who live and/or studies in that country, age of children should not be over 25 years old
- A spouse who accompanies a person specified in numbers 2-8
- Any person who works for the benefits of the Thai government or is under Obligations between countries or if it is necessary or builds a reputation for Thailand in the world.
This is a temporary passport – 2 years validity. Issued for Thai monks & Hajj passports issued to Thai Muslims
How Do I get Thai citizenship?
In all cases you will also have to meet the following conditions to apply for Thai citizenship: An applicant must have lived in Thailand continuously, for a minimum of five years before applying for Thai citizenship. Must be a permanent resident & be 18 years old.
- Information about how to apply for a Thai passport visit – Thai passport information.
- UK passports renewals in Thailand – apply to renew a UK passport in Bangkok
- how to apply for a Thai passport click here