If you are legally married to a Thai lady, you may consider applying for the Thai Marriage Visa so that you can live long-term in Thailand with your Thai wife. The financial requirements are not as strict as with the Thai Retirement Visa, but you should be aware that it is notoriously hard to obtain.
What are the requirements for a Thai Marriage Visa?
Like with all long-term visas in Thailand, the requirements are quite strict and are now far more rigorously imposed than several years ago. The basic requirements are:
- You both must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be legally married to a Thai national
- You must have THB400,000 in a Thai bank account or earn a minimum of THB40,000 per month
- You must plan to live together permanently
What am I entitled to do once I have a Thai Marriage Visa?
- You can live for one year in Thailand and then apply for a renewal of your visa. You must still do 90-Day Reporting at Thai Immigration
- You can work in Thailand although you still require a work permit
What documents are required?
- You will need your own and your Thai wife’s passport
- Your Thai wife’s Thai ID Card
- Your Thai Marriage Certificate
- A copy of your wife’s Tabian Baan
- A hand-drawn map of where you will live
- A copy of your rental agreement of proof of owning property in Thailand
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your Thai visa application in Thailand. We also have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.