The UK Same-Sex Partner Visa

The UK Same-Sex Partner Visa

Many gay men come to Thailand to find love just in the same way as a straight man would. If you meet someone and you would like to take them back to the UK, you would need to apply for a Tourist Visa, just as you would with a Thai girl. However, if you are in a long-lasting relationship with a same-sex partner, you can apply for the UK Unmarried Partner Visa that is very much akin to the UK Settlement Visa.


What are the requirements?


  • You both must be 18 years of age or older
  • You must be in a genuine relationship
  • You will need to be living together permanently
  • Your Thai partner will need to pass the A1 English test
  • You will need to meet the financial requirement which is the same as for the UK Spouse Visa
  • You must plan to live together in the UK


What will your Thai partner be entitled to?


  • The visa will be granted for an initial 30 months; if your circumstances remain unchanged this will be extended for a further 30 months, after which, he can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain
  • Your partner will be able to work in the UK
  • After paying the NHS Surcharge, they will be entitled to free NHS healthcare
  • He will be able to live in the UK


Talk to Us!


We can assist you with any UK Visa. We can help your Thai partner obtain a UK Tourist Visa or UK Unmarried Partner Visa as we deal with the British Embassy in Bangkok daily we know what is required. So, if you would like more information, call us on +66 (0)80 102 2328, +66 (0) 38 420 313 or +44 (0) 20 8133 8059, email us on: or alternatively contact us via our website.


Contact US