Are you thinking of renewing or applying for your UK passport here in Thailand? Take the worry and stress away from applying yourself and enlist the services of a professional accredited visa company to process the application for you. At Thai Visa Express, you don’t need to travel to Bangkok, we can apply, process, and do the hard works on your behalf no matter where you live in Thailand. Our charges for providing this service are very reasonable with the added assurance of having an experienced professional company process the passport application for you.
An outline of the service we provide for the fee is detailed below:
- We will submit the passport application for you in Bangkok on your behalf and arrange collection when the passport is ready.
- We will complete the correct passport application forms for you ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- We will provide a list of documents that are needed for the application and translate any documents for free.
- We also offer a fully inclusive service fee package which includes the passport.
- The cost of an Adult standard 32-page passport is 10,000 THB – this includes the cost of the passport & our service fee.
- The cost of an Adult jumbo 48-page passport is 11,000 THB – this includes the cost of the passport & our service fee.
Your application will take at least 3 – 6 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK. Applications may take longer if:
- Her Majesty’s Passport Office needs to ask you for more information or documents.
- The passport photographs you send are rejected.
British passport renewal Thailand – what documents must I provide?
- Download the application form. Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you to complete the application form.
- Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos for your application may be delayed – UK passport photo requirements.
- Check which supporting documents you must submit with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English – including documents showing an address – fully translated by a professional translator.
Renewal of UK Passport Application Thailand – Costs Involved
|Passport-type||Passport fee||Total to pay (including courier fee)|
|Adult standard 32-page passport||£95.50||£118.51|
|Adult jumbo 48-page passport||£105.50||£128.51|
Fill in a ‘Paying by credit card or debit card’ form for each passport you’re applying for and submit it with your application. Your credit or debit card will be charged in sterling. You can use Mastercard, Visa, Electron, Diners Club, and JCB.
Renewal of British Passport Application Thailand – Apply In Person:
You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must take photo ID with you. Take original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you. You must also take your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages). You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one – but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.
You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment. UK Visa Application Centre The Trendy Office Building, 28th Floor, Sukhumvit Soi13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand Email: BangkokHMPO@vfshelpline.com
Renew UK Passports In Thailand – Collect In Person
Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied – you must collect it in person. They will contact you using the details on your application form – when your passport is ready to collect. You must bring your existing passport as a photo ID. For further help you can contact the UK Passport Adviceline on Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000 Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm (UK time) Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9 am to 5:30 pm (UK time)
Q: Can I renew my UK passport in Thailand?
A: Yes, your British passport can be renewed in Thailand.
Q: Do you need a countersignature for UK passport renewal?
A: You’ll need to get someone else to sign your application form and a passport photo if you need the following: Renewal of a passport for a child aged 11 or under; Renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you can’t be recognised from your existing passport, or if you have lost your passport.
Q: Can you get extra pages in your UK passport?
A: You can’t add extra pages to a UK passport after it’s been issued, you have to get a whole new passport. If you’re a frequent traveler you have the option of applying for a second passport.
Q: How early can I renew my UK passport?
A: You can renew or replace your passport at any time. Time left on an existing passport is added to your new one – up to a maximum of 9 month
Q: Do you require my original passport?
A: Yes, we need to show VFS your original passport at the time of submission. We will return your old British passport with the new passport once we collect it.
Q: Can I renew my passport online UK?
A: No, if you are resident in Thailand at the time of the application then you must apply here.
Q: Will the new passport be delivered directly to my address in Thailand?
A: No, we will collect it on your behalf, and we will EMS post it to your chosen address.
Q: Do I use my Thai address on the passport application form ?
A: Yes, & you must supply evidence of your current address such as a Thai driving license, bank statements, internet bill, etc.
Q: Does your fee of 10,000 Baht include the passport?
A: Yes, we will use our credit card to pay for the passport fee.
Guidance notes – applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK
Application form – applying for a British passport overseas
Supporting documents you must send with your application
Follow the rules about passport photos