What are the requirements for a UK Spouse Visa? If you have decided to relocate back to the UK, you will no doubt want to take you Thai wife with you. Your Thai wife can apply to settle in the UK if she applies for UK Spouse Visa. Initially, your Thai spouse will be allowed to enter the UK within 30-days. After receipt of her biometric residence card, she will then be allowed to live and work in the UK. The biggest stumbling block is the financial requirements.
- If you have no dependent children, the sponsor must earn a minimum of £18,600p.a.
- If you have a child, it is increased to £22,400p.a.
- For each additional child, it is an extra £2,400p.a.
- Both you and your Thai wife must be over the age of 18
- You must be legally married
- You must plan to live together permanently
- Your Thai wife must have passed the A1 (IELTS) English Test
How Long Can Your Thai wife stay in the UK on a Spouse Visa?
- Initially, the UK Spouse Visa is granted for a probationary period of 30 months
- If your circumstances remain the same after 30 months, she will be allowed to apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR) which grants an extension of a further 30 months
- After the five years (60 months) has elapsed, your Thai wife will then be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), meaning she will have permanent residency in the UK
- At this point, she will be allowed to apply for British citizenship
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.