Take my wife to live in the UK long- term ?

Take my wife to live in the UK long- term ?

With an increasing number of UK ex-pats choosing to return to Britain, many are exploring what options are available when it comes to taking their Thai wife back to the UK with them. Of course, one of the key determinants will be the duration that your Thai wife is planning on spending in the UK. If she is planning on spending six months of the year in Thailand and six in the UK, she would be best with a UK Tourist Visa, but assuming she is going to live in Britain permanently, she would need a UK Spouse Visa.


Requirements for a UK Spouse Visa


  • You must be legally married, and both be at least 18 years old
  • Your Thai wife must have passed to A1 English Test
  • You must plan to live together permanently
  • Your Thai wife, or you if you are acting as sponsor, must earn a minimum of £18,600p.a.
  • This increases to £22,400p.a. with a dependent child and for each additional child, there is a further requirement of £2,400p.a.


Length of stay – how long can my partner stay in the UK?


  • Initially, the visa is granted for 30 months, but if circumstances remain the same it will be extended by a further 30 months
  • After the 60 months has elapsed, your Thai wife will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), meaning she can live in the UK permanently


Talk to Us!


We can assist you with any UK Visa. We can help your Thai wife obtain a UK Spouse Visa as we deal with the British Embassy in Bangkok daily we know what is required. So, if you would like more information, call us on +66 (0)80 102 2328, +66 (0) 38 420 313 or +44 (0) 20 8133 8059, email us on: info@thaivisaexpress.com or alternatively contact us via our website.


Contact US