The unmarried partner visa falls under the family visas category of the immigration rules. This visa applies to unmarried partners which include same-sex partners and refers to anyone who has been living together and in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least 2 years.
You must be able to demonstrate the following :
- You are both 18 or over
- You have been living together akin to marriage for 2 – years or more
- Your partner must be a British or Irish citizen
- You both must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.
- The applicant must meet the A1 English language test requirements.
- And you must be able to meet the financial requirements of the immigration rules.
How long is the visa valid for?
You can stay in the UK for 2 years and 9 months and the applicant has permission to work.
What’s this visa going to cost?
- Applying from inside the UK the visa application Fee is £1,523 per applicant.
- Applying from inside the UK the visa application fee is £1052.20 per applicant.
- You must also pay the immigration health surcharge fees.
How do we apply?
What documents may demonstrate that we have been living together as unmarried partners should we provide?
- Previous immigration history for example UK visa applications
- Joint financial commitments if any
- If you have any children together please provide evidence
- Evidence of contact whilst you have been apart
- Correspondence that is addressed individually but shows the same address
How can Thai Visa Express help?
Before you apply for a UK unmarried partner visa, we assess your circumstances and provide you with a quote. All our services include the visa application forms, and always send you these to review – this is to avoid any simple mistakes. We prepare and finalise your application for submission, and book you an appointment in the country where you will provide your biometric details. Please use our contact forms to find out more about the services we offer.